Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's one thing you want to do before you die?

So I was watching TV while I ate lunch the other day. Skimming through the guide to see what was on and I saw something that caught my eye, called The Buried Life (don't ask me why that caught my eye). It's this show on MTV about four friends who travel the country with a group bucket list they dreamed up. Anyways, this is not your normal MTV, wild boys type of show. Four honest guys that are buddies trying to accomplish real goals as they travel the country. The kicker is that in each town that they stop to try and accomplish one of their wishes on the list, they ask a random person they come across what one thing that would like to do before they die. Regardless if they accomplish their item on the list or not they still try to make the person's wish happen. It was a very cool show, check it out.

That got me thinking about the things that I would like to accomplish before I die: Skydiving, Eiffel Tower, Scuba-diving, the Great Wall, climb to the peak of an actual mountain... Then I checked my email while I was day dreaming about fun stuff I'd like to do and got the weekly email from DPS (Digital Photography School). http://digital-photography-school.com/
This my friend, is one of the most helpful photography sites you will ever come across. I subscribe (for free) to their weekly emails, to which are chalk full of tips, tricks, forums, how-to's, new gear... you name it, they talk about it. I highly recommend you check them out. Back to my initial thought, the email had a note from the editor and founder of DPS (Darren Rowse) on his Photography Bucket List (http://digital-photography-school.com/my-photography-bucket-list). What are the odds right? A couple of mine are very similar to his own.

  1. The perfect sunset over the ocean picture. Somewhere luxurious like the bahamas, jamaica, hawaii...
  2. A foggy tree line in the middle of a forest. Calm, quiet, peaceful - perfect.
  3. A long exposure waterfall. I don't know if you've seen waterfall's in hawaii. Take my word for it - picturesque. I kick myself every time I think back to my trip to Maui and not having a DSLR...
  4. Actions shots: whether it be a sports figure make an amazing play. A bird in mid-flight, perfectly frozen in stride, or some other natural wonder. Just being somewhere at the right place, at the right time and capturing that moment forever.
  5. Completing an entire wedding day to perfection. Getting home and not having to do a single edit! (Ha, wouldn't that be awesome!)

Those are just a few that I could conger up. What's your bucket list? What's your most sought after photo you have to take before you hang up your hat?


Have a blessed week! --T

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging again, Tyler! I can't wait to see your pictures on display here :) You are too stinking talented for your own good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tyler...I just looked at your web site...BEAUTIFUL WEB SITE!!! You are SO GOOD!!! The photos are wonderfully composed and full of uniqueness and interest! I hope you will blog often...I have been blogging for 3 years now...over 1000 posts. Be sure to list topics and content, because people will find you! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

My Favorite Photog's Blog List